WORLD BANK APPROVES MID-TERM REVIEW TO SUPPORT SOCIAL SECTOR DEVELOPMENT IN PAKISTAN
- World Bank will provide assistance for improvement in energy sector, service delivery and enhancing capability of institutions.
- WB approves mid-term review to support social sector development in Pakistan
- The World Bank has approved a mid-term review to support social sector development in Pakistan in partnership with International Finance Corporation (IFC).
ADB TO PROVIDE $300M TO PAKISTAN FOR PUBLIC SECTOR ENTERPRISES REFORM PROGRAM
- ADB to provide $300m to Pakistan for public sector enterprises reform program
- Asian Development Bank will provide three hundred million dollars to Pakistan for public sector enterprises reform program.
- The agreement to this effect was signed by Secretary Economic Affairs Division Tariq Mahmood and Country Director Asian Development Bank Xiaohong Yang.
GOVT PUT COUNTRY ON ROAD TO ECONOMIC GROWTH: DASTGIR
- Commerce Minister says tobacco growers are provided latest technology to increase per acre yield.
- Govt put country on road to economic growth: Dastgir
- Minister for Commerce Khurram Dastgir says the leadership of Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif has put the country on the path of rapid economic growth and prosperity.
US TO PROVIDE RS19B TO PAKISTAN TO CREATE ECONOMIC OPPORTUNITIES
- US to provide Rs19b to Pakistan to create economic opportunities
- The United States will provide nineteen billion rupees to Pakistan to create economic opportunities and pursue economic and political reforms.
- A press release issued by the US Embassy said the assistance will be given to Pakistan under US-Pakistan Enhanced Partnership Agreement signed recently by the US Agency for International Development and the Ministry of Finance.
PAKISTAN TO ACHIEVE 6% GDP DUE TO INVESTMENT IN CPEC: IMF
- Pakistan to achieve 6% GDP due to investment in CPEC: IMF
- The International Monetary Fund has termed Pakistan's economic outlook as "favorable" with improved availability of energy, and growth-supporting structural reforms.
- According to latest report released by IMF, confidence of investors in Pakistan is growing as its economy has stabilized after completing a bailout program.
Host: Mushtaq Ahmad Wani
Co-Host: Ahmad Latif & Syed Shehryar Ahmed