Death anniversary of poet Syed Abid Ali Abid on Friday
Abid Ali Abid wrote many books on literary criticism in Urdu and Persian.
Death anniversary of Urdu poet and educator Syed Abid Ali Abid is being observed on 20th January. He was an Urdu and Persian poet and was born on 17 September 1906 in Dera Ismail Khan.
Abid Ali Abid was well known for his literary criticism and wrote many books on literary criticism in Urdu and Persian. He also initiated and edited several literary journals‚ one of which is Sahifa-Lahore. He also was one of the initial drama and feature writers at the newly established Radio Pakistan Lahore in the late 1940s and 1950s.
He has authored many books. Some of his authored books are:
• Talismaat (The Magic)‚ Urdu fiction
• Shahbaz Khan‚ Urdu fiction
• Main Kabhi Ghazal na Kahta‚ Urdu poetry
• Usool-E-Intequade-Adabiyat (Rules of Literary Criticism)
• Shar-i-Iqbal‚ (A criticism of Iqbal's Poetry)
• Political Theory of the Shi'ties‚ Part of the history of Muslim philosophy
• Asloob‚ an Urdu book on literary criticism
• Albayan‚ an Urdu book on literary criticism
• Al Badeeh (Mohsinaat e Shairi Ka Intaqadi Jaiza): (Criticism of the Characteristics of Urdu poetry)
He was one of the story and dialogue writers of the first sound film of the Punjab Heer Ranjha (1931).
Syed Abid Ali Abid died in Lahore on 20 January, 1971.