00:00

00:00
player_volume
0

Mohammad Amir granted visa by UK authorities

Pakistan’s fast-bowler Mohammad Amir has been granted visa by the British authorities for the upcoming tour of England. The left-arm pacer is set to make a comeback in Test cricket at the Lord's Cricket Ground after six years of absence, the same venue where he played his last Test. The cricket board awaits Amir's travel documents after which the 24-year-old will depart to the British shores on June 18 along with the team. Amir was named in the 17-man Pakistan squad for the tour of England, subject to visa. The Pakistan Cricket Board had made a special request to the England home ministry for leniency in his case. He made his return to international cricket, after serving a five-year ban for bowling deliberate no-balls, earlier this year in a T20 International in New Zealand. Since his return to the limited-overs cricket Amir has bagged 16 wickets across the two formats. Amir, who has taken 51 wickets in 14 Tests, promises to be a threat in the English conditions due to his ability to move the ball both ways at a daunting pace. Pakistan's tour of England kicks off on July 14 with four-Test series followed by five One-Day Internationals and a T20 International. 

England must be "ruthless" to succeed at Euro 2016

Roy Hodgson's side, who won every game in qualifying, starts their campaign on Saturday against Russia in Marseille. Hart says that if we can be on the right end of key moments, we will go far. The Manchester City keeper also said he "fully believes" in England's defensive options, despite criticism over a perceived lack of strength in depth. "It's very balanced and very comfortable," said Hart. Hodgson's 23-man party - the youngest England squad for 58 years - features three central defenders in Gary Cahill, Chris Smalling and John Stones, with defensive midfielder Eric Dier as a back-up option. Hart, who has 59 caps, was England's first-choice keeper as they exited the 2014 World Cup at the group stage for the first time in 58 years.

‘We are on the right path but we have to keep our feet firmly on the ground: Ronaldo

Portugal captain Cristiano Ronaldo has urged his team-mates not to get carried away by the 7-0 romp over Estonia ahead of their campaign at the Euro 2016. The 31-year-old forward, warming up for his side’s Group ‘F’ opener against Iceland on Tuesday in St Etienne, made his first appearance with Portugal this summer in Lisbon on Wednesday night. “It was just a friendly and even though we won 7-0, it doesn’t mean anything,” Ronaldo was quoted as saying by AS newspaper. He said, “We must keep our feet firmly on the ground. The team played very well and we are all physically well.” Ronaldo started and scored Portugal’s opening two goals before being replaced by Nani in the 46th minute.

Rafael Nadal will not play at this year's Wimbledon due to the wrist injury

Twice former champion Rafael Nadal will not play at this year's Wimbledon due to the wrist injury that forced the Spaniard out of the French Open. “I'm sad to announce that after talking to my doctors, and receiving the results of my last medical revision, I won't be able to play at Wimbledon this year,” he said on his Facebook page. Nadal's withdrawal is a blow for the championships at which the Spaniard has been such an attraction for more than a decade, especially with his victories in 2008 and 2010.


Third-party Ads